2012 Event Information
- The Extraordinary Give will be held on Friday, November 30, 2012 from 12:00 am ET until 11:59 pm ET.
- The Community Foundation is assessing NO fees itself to provide this program to participating organizations.
- All organizations participating must be 501(c)(3) public charities in good standing, provide services to Lancaster County residents, and have an audit or independent financial review within the last two years.
- As with any credit card transaction, there is the typical 3% per transaction fee assessed by the credit card company. Additionally, there is a 2.99% per transaction fee charged by our online platform vendor, Kimbia. This means that 94.01% of each donation made in the 24-hour period will go directly to the organization.
- The Extraordinary Give is an online-only fundraising program. For donations to be counted for the program, donations MUST be made by credit card through the www.extragive.org website to Lancaster County Community Foundation and designated to the applicant organization between the hours of 12:00 am November 30, 2012 to 11:59 pm November 30, 2012. Donations made at any other time and/or by any other method will not be counted for purposes of the stretch pool or prize eligibility.
- Participating organizations will receive a proportional share of a $250,000 challenge “stretch pool” of funds granted by the Lancaster County Community Foundation. The share will be based on the total dollars raised by an organization during the 24-hour period in relation to total dollars raised by all participating organizations. Example: If a participating organization raises 3% of total funds raised during the designated 24-hour period, the organization will receive 3% of the stretch pool.
- Lancaster County Community Foundation will begin the payment process to the participating organization 45 days after close of the event. Payment will be in the amount of total donations received in the 24-hour period per participating organization, net the Kimbia platform use fees and credit card transaction fees, plus applicant organization’s share of the prorated stretch pool.
- The Community Foundation will provide participating organizations a donor list that will include contact information and donation amount(s) for specific donors within 10 business days of event close. Donors will be notified upon making their donation that this information will be provided to the organization. Donors can choose to remain anonymous if desired. Donor information is NEVER sold to a third party.
- Donations are made by individual donors to the Community Foundation. As such, the Community Foundation generates all donation acknowledgements for tax purposes electronically, immediately upon donation. Individual donor credit card statements will show a donation to the “Lancaster County Community Foundation.” Participating organizations may choose to follow up with an informal thank you correspondence, but this correspondence must not contain the amount of the gift or any tax language.
- Participating organizations are prohibited from donating to themselves. A “donor” is defined as an individual or corporation/business.
- The minimum gift per donor is $25. There is no limit on maximum gift amount. The Community Foundation’s stretch pool is limited to $250,000.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Extraordinary Give?
The Extraordinary Give is Lancaster County’s first 24-hour online giving challenge. On November 30 individuals visit ExtraGive.org, choose from nearly 200 local organizations, make a donation (min. $25) and every dollar donated is stretched by a $250,000 contribution from the Lancaster County Community Foundation. Plus, there is an additional $50,000 in prizes donors can win instantly for the organizations they support.
Why is the Community Foundation hosting this event?
The Community Foundation is your center for local philanthropy. We’re here to help people who love Lancaster County give back. We inspire giving because we’re committed to helping you make a difference to the causes you care about and to strengthening our local community benefit sector. The Extraordinary Give is a special way to being these goals together.
How does the $250,000 “stretch pool” work?
Each organization receives a proportional percentage of the $250,000 stretch pool. So, if an organization raises 3% of the day’s total donations, they will receive 3% of the stretch pool. Plus any EXTRA money from the $50,000 in prizes!
What is a “Golden Ticket” and what are the other prizes?
A Golden Ticket is an opportunity to stretch your donation by an extra $1,000! Throughout the day on November 30, donors will be chosen at random from the online donations made on ExtraGive.org to have an additional $1,000 given to the organization that received their donation. Golden Tickets are in addition to any portion of the stretch pool an organization receives. So, a $25 gift could turn into a $1,025 gift! All $50,000 in prize opportunities are listed in the right hand column of the leaderboard, or at http://lancfound.org/wp-content/uploads/Prizes_Incentives.pdf.
Is the Community Foundation generating any revenue from the project?
No. As a matter of fact, in addition to the stretch pool of $250,000, the Community Foundation has committed to a prize pool of $50,000 as well as $100,000 to cover nearly all the costs of this project.
Can donors give by cash or check instead of online?
This is an online program. Only donations made electronically with a credit card through the ExtraGive.org website during the stated time period will be counted toward the program for eligibility for the stretch pool and prizes. Donations cannot be made with cash or check to be counted toward the program because it is impossible to track other payment forms through the donation website.
What will the Community Foundation do with donor information?
Our mission is to advance the vitality and well-being of the people of Lancaster County by inspiring generosity and being responsible stewards of gifts for today and tomorrow. Beyond the grantmaking we do in the community, we educate about the importance of leaving a legacy to favorite community benefit organizations. In our 87-year history, we have never conducted an annual campaign and do not have plans to do so. Donors participating in the Extraordinary Give may receive standard communications from the Community Foundation, but can unsubscribe at any time.
Is my donation secure?
Our technology partner, Kimbia, has conducted many giving days for community foundations nationwide and is the recognized technology leader for match fundraising initiatives of this type. Credit card transactions are secure, backed by a PCI Level 1 secure service provider certification.
Are there a maximum number of donations an organization can receive? How many organizations can I donate to?
The sky’s the limit! Donors can choose as many organizations to contribute to as they like, and organizations do not have a limit on funds raised by the Extraordinary Give. The Community Foundation’s stretch pool is limited to $250,000.
I have more questions!
We are here to answer your questions. Feel free to submit your questions to email@example.com or call Kim Shorter at 717-397-1629. More resources on the Extraordinary Give can be found at http://lancfound.org/extraordinary-give/.